Thursday, August 27, 2009

Iam Sterdam

"Iam Sterdam" is the Flickr name of one of our group members. Much to my surprise, I was proved to be a chauvinist! Having assumed I was looking at the pictures of a man, I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that this wonderful street photographer is a woman named Marjon. Marjon lives just outside the city of Amsterdam and heads into town each week to capture the flavor of the city. I love her bicycle pictures- they all have a bit of humor and lovely timing.

Mostly, what I love is that these beautiful pictures do not look impossible. Any of these scenes could be found here in the U.S. The only difference, really, between the United States and Amsterdam is will. Do we have the will to work for streets that are this colourful, this comfortable, this fun?

Make sure to check out Marjon's wonderful photography and what's on offer over at the Flickr group! There is plenty there to give you something to think about!


Hitchhiker



Too Late...

Waiting For The Next One

Flowered


Kitsch Kitchen


On A Bike (what is he carrying?)


Skateboarding In Amsterdam

3 comments:

  1. woot! awesome pictures Iam Sterdam!

    picture #6 -->> one giant doughnut/ donut! NOM NOM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the guy ghost riding the 2nd bike.

    ReplyDelete