Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Follow The Yellow Bike Road

Dr. Oz, the guy from Oprah has "Ten Things (He) Knows For Sure". Around here, #8 comes in as #1. If we get the community we deserve, then we better get working for better right now! I bet there are a few more stair cases out there we need to get around.

8. If you want a healthier community, fight for it. I used to ride my bike across the bridge from New Jersey to Manhattan every morning. I noticed that many bikers stopped riding during the winter, in part because you had to haul your bicycle up and down a flight of 50 stairs on each side of the bridge. So we petitioned for a new bike path that didn't involve stairs—and got it. We all have the power to improve the health of our community, whether it's getting better bike lanes, more sidewalks, or a farmers' market that sells fresh produce

What is there to work on where you live? What can you do to make it better?

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this Dr. Oz but he appears to be a wise young man (I'm not a TV watcher). I have exercised these 10 things for years and plan to continue. Now # 8 is getting more of my attention because I want to live in a better community, not for the community but for myself. Selfishness is sometimes good for all.

    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    - Mohandas K. Gandhi

    ReplyDelete