Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Little Help Needed

Just about all of us have experienced the frustration of having a bicycle, or some part of it stolen. This email was in my box this morning and I thought I would share it as we have many Bay Area readers who can keep any eye out. The bike belonged to his mother and is super special.




Dear Listers,

My beloved white Peugeot UO-18 mixte was stolen from outside of our apartment this evening between 6 and 10 PM. It was not locked--I left it outside "just for a minute" and then forgot to put it away and lock it up.

It is highly customized--Campi and Phil Wood, faded red Tailwind panniers, extra-long extensions on the toeclips, and much more.

$200 reward for the return of this bike, no questions asked.
I especially appreciate the help and cooperation of Bay Area CR list members and friends
in this less-than-likely task...


Thanks,

Jon Spangler
Alameda, CA USA, where my heart is broken and I feel dumber by the minute...

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Bike rigged for Touring,it will be sorely missed. But a bike like that is unique and with luck should be spotted right away hopefully.

    I had a Peugeot many Years ago in the same Colour Scheme but it was a Racing Bike with Drop Handlebars around about 1975.

    I wish him all the best that his Beloved Bike will be restored to him.

    ReplyDelete