Monday, November 28, 2011

Relief Is A Bicycle

Times are hard around the world these days. No one knows where the economy is going and jobs don't fall from the sky like they used to. But let's face it, if you are reading this blog post chances are you do not have to get water from a well you had to dig in the first place. My guess is you were able to go to school without difficulty as are your children. I bet malaria does not plague many people in your community. I could be wrong, but I bet not.

With that in mind I would like you to watch the following video from World Bicycle Relief.



It does not take much to help. It really does not. 15 readers donating $10 each gets one person a bicycle that could bring them, and their families out of a kind of grinding poverty that those of us with reliable internet connections can not imagine.

To further entice you to donate to this cause, I will have some kind of giveaway for those who can prove they have donated. I am not sure what it will be, but it will be bicycle related, probably made by me and sent to you free of charge (other than your generous donation to WBR). I will announce the giveaway by the end of the week, so keep a look out!

Who will be first?

2 comments:

  1. Great Idea! It hasn't been bicycle related but my wife and I (through church) have been involved in mosquito nets, clean water, bibles and even cows going to help the Sabaot people in Kenya. Giving a cow brings income, food (from the sale of milk) and of course more cows as calves are born. No prize please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger (gingerlew39{@}verizon.netNovember 29, 2011 at 2:21 PM

    I first heard about this organization through another blog and during our charitable giving campaign in November, added WBR to my automatic donation for next year. I always split my donations to a local group, a national group and a foreign country charity. It's amazing how a little can do so much good.

    ReplyDelete