Tuesday, October 25, 2011

return of the tandem cargo bike

i saw this tandem xtracycle over at sf bike party and the bicycle music fest a few months ago. i thought it was awesome. they are often seen schilling for a local politician who is running for mayor.

well, looks like they get around town, and definitely make a statement...OF FUN!

Fun!



and look, they've got roller skates! and they are locked to the frame! heh. cause you never know.

Lock up them skates



so this party of two or three certainly gets around sf. i also love that you can take two people around and also just carry things. practical! do you all see some practical party bikes all around your town?

8 comments:

  1. Cool party bike. Maybe someday I'll try my hand at building one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a bike! Perhaps some neon additions and a brew tap would round it out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I would call it a party bike, but I recently saw someone on the subway with a folding bike. I didn't recognize it, and they told me it was a Montague. Like I said, don't know if it is a party bike, but it is probably the most practical folding bike I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris-you wouldn't happen to be selling folding bikes would you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuz those skates are expensive. The problem is that they are locked to the wideloaders, which can be pulled off the FreeRadical with a couple of push button releases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, but could you skate with wide loaders dragging behind you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not see some practical party bikes all around our town.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that party bike.Interesting post. This is my 1st visit to your blog and this is the very 1st post which I have come across and found it very informative and useful. I hope you post these types of posts again. Good luck

    ReplyDelete