Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ride of Silence, San Francisco

Tomorrow, Wednesday May. 20th
7pm Meet @Justin Herman Plaza at 6:30; Ride begins at 7pm
On May 20, 2009, at 7:00 PM, the Ride of Silence will begin in North America and roll across the globe. Cyclists will take to the roads in a silent procession to honor cyclists who have been killed or injured while cycling on public roadways. Although cyclists have a legal right to share the road with motorists, the motoring public often isn't aware of these rights, and sometimes not aware of the cyclists themselves. rideofsilence.org


**Change Your Life, Ride a Bike! and Bikes and The City will be present**
We will be dressed in white to honor and raise awareness. /Photo by busbozo

1 comment:

  1. This was a really special ride that somehow swooped me up unknowingly and swirled me around with a group of great people.
    I was riding unsuspectingly home after giving a presentation in North Beach. I stop at my second red light and look around. I count six..no eight!...no fourteen! cyclists stopped at this red light. Awed and excited by all the bikers commuting home from work I comment about it to the nearest biker. She informs me they're on an organized memorial ride of silence. And Adrienne, not afraid to break it, invites me to join.
    Thank you for a wonderful ride and some exciting conversation!

    ReplyDelete