Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Winter Cycling

For those of you out there who are reading this from the snow bound regions, I am truly sorry. It is January and by all measures I should be cold and miserable and battling mold in my window sills. Fact is, this is how I dressed to run errands around town this week-

Look Ma!  No Socks!

A little mid-winter Vitamin D is good for the soul. And if this post makes you green with envy, despair not as Summer will soon be here and I will be dressed as I was last year for the first day of the "warm" season-

Wooly Butter

8 comments:

  1. Oh, San Francisco. It's beautiful on the other side of the bay, too.

    Gotta ask - how do you ride and take pictures at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pbltthhh!

    Although it's weather like this January that makes the Scientist re-consider Stanford....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adah- It isn't hard to take pictures on the bike. You have to know your environment and your bike and your camera.

    cgr- I don't know. It freaks me out a little. It is January.

    cycler- Palo Alto has much nicer weather than SF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "this is how I dressed to run errands around town this week"

    With all due respect and meaning no personal insult after riding to the shops at -20 yesterday and currently sitting here on Nor'Easter Watch: Bite me.

    "A little mid-winter Vitamin D"

    I have mother's little helper.

    "Summer will soon be here"

    Only a quarter away.Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! Are those shorts I see being worn in January?

    ReplyDelete
  6. kfg- I understand your pain.

    Will- linen skirt, no socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the other hand the last "major" earthquake we had here seems to have caused a total city wide damage account of: one blown out light bulb.

    Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice.

    (The Greenland High held the nor'easter to the south of me and temps were nearly freezing today, so I'm feeling a bit better now. Sunshine in a pill still sucks though).

    ReplyDelete